ABOUT PRIDE BUILD
Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa invites members of the LGBTTQ+ community, along with their allies, family, friends and co-workers, to fundraise and swing a hammer in support of our vision of a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home.
Sign up as an individual or gather some friends together to create your own Pride Build team to help local families who are in need of affordable housing build greater stability, independence and a brighter future. Please click here to meet our future Habitat homeowners who you will be supporting this year.
Plus no construction experience is needed! We'll handle the training, tools, safety gear, meals and all the fun stuff in between. Pride Build promises a day of fun, community activities, food and drinks, and fantastic fundraising prizes.
The top fundraising team will win a table to Habitat GO's Steel Toes & Stilettos Gala at the Shaw Centre on Nov. 4 and there will be prizes for the top individual fundraisers as well.
100% of funds raised will go directly towards funding the completion of our Jeanne d’Arc home building project.
HOW TO JOIN PRIDE BUILD 2017
- Registration is now open for Pride Build. You can sign up as an individual or start your own team.
- If you are currently on a team, please click here to access your Pride Build team and individual fundraising pages.
- Click here for our Pride Build FAQs.
- If you're looking for helpful fundraising advice, here's a great article with 101 ideas.
GOAL: Help build affordable homes at our Jeanne d'Arc build site in Ottawa's east end
DATE: August to December (choose one build day)
LOCATION: 6208 Jeanne d'Arc Blvd.
TIME: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT: $250-500 per person or $5,000 per team of 10-12 members
No experience required! We will provide the tools, safety gear, and guidance.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- Donate to an individual builder, team or the project as a whole (Donations over $20 will receive a charitable tax receipt)
- Donate a lunch to help feed our hungry volunteers
- Call the Habitat GO office if you would like to offer your expertise or company support through in-kind donations of time and/or materials.